Oakleaf is hiring Mortgage Underwriters! If you are interested in joining a remote Mortgage Underwriter project estimated to last about 6-9 months, please click the link below to apply:
Remote Mortgage Underwriters
Remote, Various Locations
The Oakleaf Group has an immediate need for Mortgage Underwriters to work remotely on a remote project estimated to last about 6-9 months. Ideal candidates will have at least 6 years of experience in residential mortgage loan Due Diligence and/or Frontline Underwriting, able to perform forensic re-underwriting reviews and analysis of credit reports and title documents, recalculate income and assets according to varying business rules, with extensive knowledge of residential appraisal deficiencies according to USPAP, and previous experience in using industry 3rd party tools to identify various forms of misrepresentation. Strong writing skills also required, in order to adequately and precisely summarize their analysis and findings for our clients.
- Review re-verified loan documentation and post-closing servicing documentation, for evidence of misrepresentation in the original loan submission.
- Review previously underwritten loan files to determine compliance with lender credit underwriting guidelines and representations and warranties, and to ensure an investment quality loan product.
- Accurately and efficiently maintain a pipeline of loan file audit/review inventory, meet production requirements, and communicate status to management.
- Compile findings into a summarized report with attending exhibits.
- If needed, research and analyze data to assist management in identifying trends and anomalies which can be used by our clients to achieve their goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent current professional experience.
- At least 6+ years of residential mortgage underwriting experience.
- Knowledge of private/investor/Alt-A/ Subprime industry guidelines, Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac guidelines.
- Understanding of DU, LP and private label Automated underwriting engines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Analytical ability with an aptitude for figures.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under specific time constraints.
- Ability to work professionally as part of a team servicing an external client.
- Prefer skills in Salesforce, Excel, and Word.
The Oakleaf Group is a mid-size consulting firm with offices in Bethesda, MD and New York, NY. Our people are our greatest assets and our company culture is grounded on that belief. Our goal is to thrill our clients and challenge and reward our employees. As a member of the Oakleaf team, you will have an exciting opportunity to work with emerging technology, modernize financial applications, and grow in a friendly workplace where you can work independently and collaboratively. In this position the ideal candidate will work to solve complex “hot topic” issues currently faced by the financial services industry. We bring depth of experience to a wide range of highly satisfied clients, delivering trusted advice along with quantitative, technology, regulatory, and operations strategies. Do you possess the talent and dedication to be part of our growing team?
Third party candidates will not be considered for this position.
As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Oakleaf Group participates in the E-Verify program.