A GSE client engaged The Oakleaf Group to assist in the development and documentation of controls relating to a complex quarterly regulatory report that was part of the firm’s SEC reporting.
Oakleaf deployed a 5-person team that worked with the client over several reporting cycles to improve controls and streamline execution, and ultimately support successful submission of the report.
Oakleaf Activities and Deliverables
- Data sourcing optimization through analysis and de-duplication of complex data queries.
- Development and documentation of controls related to data integration with upstream and downstream processes.
- Ensured internal consistency within reports through validation and reconciliation.
- Project management coordination of data efforts across disparate divisions within the firm.
- Successful delivery of 10-K and 10-Q supplemental report.
- Mitigation of control risks.
- Successfully passed internal and external audits of the developed processes.
- Accelerated execution of the process through coordination and optimization of work among various divisions in the firm.
- Streamlined and enabled timely ad-hoc analysis of credit and loan modification data during the reporting cycle.
- The success of the project was one factor in the client’s decision to re-engage Oakleaf for further development of data aggregation, reconciliation and controls related to additional business processes including a large-scale loan modification program and a mortgage servicer measurement framework.